Friday, March 5

Gov’t to introduce new measures to enforce ban on social gathering

Government will, in the coming days, announce new guidelines to strictly enforce the ban on social gathering, as health authorities condemn the blatant disregard for protocols on social gathering in parts of the country.

President Akufo-Addo announced the ban after the country recorded several COVID 19 cases but it appears the ban has been disregarded in many parts of the country.

The Director General of the Ghana Health Service,  Dr. Patrick Aboagye, said the guidelines will spell out in clear terms, the dos and don’ts for individuals and businesses on the government’s protocols on Covid 19.

Speaking on Newsfile on Joy fm this morning,  Dr. Aboagye said the actions of some Ghanaians continue to threaten the health system in the country and, therefore, stressed the need to strictly enforce the protocols.

’’We will be communicating to the nation next week with regards to what to do as a hairdresser, a barber and other businesses,” he said.

Ghana has so far tested 113,000 people, recording over 2,000 positive cases and 17 deaths. Over 200 people have also recovered from the disease.

Dr. Aboagye said the main focus of government is to continue with the testing, as well as management and isolation of victims.

17
//luvaihoo.com/afu.php?zoneid=3571539
%d bloggers like this: